Makhteshim Agan is the world’s leader in branded off-patent crop protection solutions. We offer a wide range of products that protect against destructive weeds, insects and fungi and increase crop production by preventing yield losses. This is how Makhteshim Agan helps solve one of the greatest challenges facing the world today – food security.
Since our establishment in 1945, we have become known world-wide for our agricultural know-how, technological-chemical capabilities, quality control and expertise in product registration. We’ve established ourselves as a creative and daring industry leader thanks to our people and our unique organizational culture. We are fully committed to being a socially and environmentally responsible company, complying with environmental standards and actively supporting the communities we operate in.
Our business strategy focuses on helping farmers improve the output of their fields while coping with water and land shortages. Our purpose is to create simplicity in agriculture and through this, to help farmers live a better life by offering them the right solutions for their individual needs using our market leading products.
Farmers around the world appreciate us for our honesty, professionalism, reliability and our dedication to providing them with the solutions they really need. We are committed to making their lives less complicated.
Our Partnership with ChemChina
In October, 2011 Makhteshim Agan and China National Agrochemical Corporation, a subsidiary of China National Chemical Corporation (ChemChina) closed a merge transaction, the largest ever concluded between a Chinese and an Israeli company, following which, the Company became a private company –, with ChemChina acquiring 60% and the remaining 40% continue to be held by Koor Industries. ChemChina is a $30 billion state-owned company with chemical plants throughout China, global markets and R&D operations.
Koor Industries is a part of the IDB Group, an Israeli holding company.
The merger creates a platform that is optimally suited to the changes in the global agrochemical industry. By partnering with one of the top 500 companies in the world and the largest chemical producer in China, Makhteshim Agan will benefit from integrated global chemical capabilities and will place greater focus on delivering innovative, high quality products and formulations in more locations worldwide.
In its new structure, Makhteshim Agan's global headquarter continue to be based in Israel and run by the incumbent management team. It continues operating all its global manufacturing facilities, while at the same time capitalizing on its strong base in China to further expand its global infrastructure and offer the industry’s leading portfolio of crop protection solutions.
The ChemChina - Makhteshim Agan partnership created a new entity that is poised to become one of the most significant in the crop protection industry.